Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oh What a Day It Was

It has been an eventful day.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but several months ago we traded in Mom's old Buick (circa 1999) and purchased the car I've been wanting for a long, long time.


Don't laugh.

Seriously, STOP LAUGHING!

I think this is one of the cutest little cars around.  We got a great deal on it, too.  It's a 2009 model, but it only had around 10,000 miles.  In addition, the outside of it had been used for advertising for a dentist, so it was wrapped in a protective coating for the whole time he had it.

In addition, this little piece o' joy is...wait for it...a CONVERTIBLE.  Yes, at the ripe old age of 56, I finally got a convertible!  And it has a 6-CD CHANGER! Can we all say MID-LIFE CRISIS?

That brings us to today.  And I know you can guess what I'm about to say.



This, Dear Reader, is the proverbial bump in the road.  The one I slowed down to go over this morning, as my new Wheeled Wonder is a bit of a bumpy ride.

Unfortunately, the person behind me took that moment to look down (at his phone?) and I heard brakes squealing right before I got hit.

Fear not, though!  I'm fine, and the car will only need to have a bumper replaced.


The guy that hit me had the same insurance company I do, and they veritably JUMPED on the claim.  I called them at 8:30 a.m., and by 11 a.m. I had heard from the national claims center, the body shop, and a car rental company!

This will certainly not be another insurance disaster!

I'll try to keep you updated on the breathtaking details as they unfold.  I know you'll want to know as soon as possible.

Ahem.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

My hubby has the orangey-red one. Not a convertible though. He loves it and the dog thinks it's his own personal dog house on wheels.