Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Three Days



My life full of lists. 

Lists of what to take to Hawaii. Lists of what to fix for dinner for the people who will be staying home instead of going to Hawaii. Lists of things to buy for Hawaii.

In other words, I'm not 'lei-ing' around. (I am hilarious.)

Hubster now has more new underwear than he's ever owned before, along with new shorts, new shirts, new swimwear....he will be a fashionista on the beach. I, however, will be wearing the same thing every day we're there.

Oh, I kid.

I actually bought a new swimsuit. It seems the elastic in the leg holes of my previous number decided to give up the ghost. It was only ten years old.

They just don't make things like they used to.

Hubster wanted us to pay to check a bag. When I asked him why, he said it was because he needed his own pillow, and $25 one way was a reasonable price to pay for the privilege.

I declined.

So far we only have one extracurricular activity planned.  I am hesitant to book the zip line and parasailing.  Call me crazy, but I don't see the appeal. We'll probably do it anyway, just to say we've done it...but I may have to be dragged kicking and screaming off of whatever platform we use.

I went to see the RA nurse-practitioner yesterday to get shot up with steroids before the trip. Funny thing is, it looks like I'll be taking her with me to Hawaii.  She's going to the same place we are, and at the same time. I'll be all set if I get sick. And her husband is an orthopedic surgeon. Let's hope we don't need his services after the above-mentioned death-defying stupidity of which we are about to take part.

Now, if we can only make it for three more days..... 

No comments: