Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Royals MANIA

THIS is Kansas City's Union Station, a full two hours before the victory parade actually begins:


We had to block off the entrances to the parking lot here at work, because people are trying to find places for their vehicles over two miles away from the closet parade venue.

WE ARE A CITY ECSTATIC.

After the first World Series win in over THIRTY YEARS, we have a right to be!

It took me an hour and a half to get to work today. Normally it's a thirty-minute drive at most. Hoards of people were trying to get downtown early, and the freeways were jammed solid. Much of the time I was on the road my car was at a dead stop. Did you know overpasses actually jiggle with heavy traffic? Not something I wanted to find out!

The kind people here at work are letting us leave at noon today so we can either try to attend the parade and rally, or take the sensible route and GO HOME. Since I went to the parade in 1985, the last time we won, I will be taking myself home.

Go Royals!!!

No comments: