Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Anti-Political Raving of a Non-Candidate

I don't do politics. Never have, never will.

At the same time, I can't help but bemoan the fact that this country is surely headed for a bad awakening once the elections are over.

Yes, people want a change. They want a candidate who speaks for the people of this nation, one who can relate to any class, one who will stand up to partisan politics, and one who has the best interests of the people of this nation at heart, rather than his/her own.

Unfortunately, the front runners in this election seem to be out for their own glory - yet again.

Another problem with the way this great country runs things is the money issue. If you want to run, you seemingly must be at least a millionaire, and better a billionaire. How is the "Little Guy" ever going to run and win?  He's the one who can best know what life is like for us, the majority. He can relate to the people who elect him best, yet he will never be in the running.

Money speaks in this country. And in the case of one candidate in particular, money speaks loudly and crudely.
  
My friend tells me I should vote, and I agree.  It's a right in this country.  The problem is that I will need to vote for the lesser of two evils, and I have to admit I don't feel comfortable doing so.

In my perfect world, there would be no two-party system. It wouldn't matter how much money you had. Everyone who thought themselves qualified would run, and We the People would choose from the most qualified.  Not the one who embarrasses us least, but the one we think would be best to LEAD.

It won't happen in my lifetime, but it is nice to think about.

People argue over the best choice from our limited pool, urging others to vote one way or another. Heated discussions arise over the supposed merits of one candidate over the other. Angry voices charge one with fraud, one with breaking the law, one with ignorance, and yes, even one with small genitals.

I am ashamed of all of them right now.

Rather than downgrade each other, they should be pointing out why they alone are the best choice. Getting into adolescent arguments is good for no one.

I despise politics.  And that, along with the fact I have no money, is the reason I will never run for office of any kind.

You're welcome.


No comments: