Monday, November 04, 2013

SH!!! I'm WRITING!!!

NaNoWriMo is in full swing.

I attended a start-off celebration at the local library this past Saturday.  Hopeful that I would meet others in the same boat, I arrived fifteen minutes early.  I walked in and looked around, finding a table that had been set up.  The table had two unopened bags of little donuts, coffee, creamer, cups, napkins, and plates. I positioned myself in a comfortable chair about ten feet from the table and opened up my laptop.

I checked Facebook.  I read email.  I looked at the NaNoWriMo site to be sure I was in the right place.

I was the only one who showed up.

At least I think I was.  There was another lady who looked to be busy with her computer, and another who walked past about 2:15.  We three sat in our respective triangle of space and interacted NOT AT ALL.

Of course, I'm to blame for part of it.  I didn't ask the librarians if there was supposed to be mingling or when the actual party was supposed to start. I didn't bring balloons or party hats.  I just waited for the party to come to me.

Turns out that's not the best plan of action.

So, if any of you are doing the NaNoWriMo boogie, would you please let me know?  I'm anxious to hear how your writing is going.  Right now I know of two others who are attempting this feat.  Are you writing?

That's all from Party Central.

Now, off to write!


No comments: