Thursday, November 21, 2013

Roll Out the Barrel

...and put me in it.  It's the only way you'll get me home after the meal I just had.

Today was the Thanksgiving Potluck at work.  We had three 8-foot tables loaded down with every kind of food you could imagine, as well as the usual turkey, mashers, gravy and dressing.  It was a true feast!  In addition, we had three 8-foot tables dedicated to the art of the dessert.  There were pies, cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, pretzels (chocolate-covered, of course), and enough sugar to float a boat.

Picture all the food in your mind.  Go ahead, picture it!  I'll wait.

***

***

***

Now, consider this;  We have less than 90 people who attend this event every year.  We easily had enough for twice that many people to eat well, and maybe even three times that many to have a decent lunch!

Indeed, we know how to party.

While I may not look at the bright side of the coin that often, please know that my job is definitely something I am thankful to have.  I love the place, the people, and the work we do for others.

And no, I am not still in a tryptophan-induced haze.  I really mean it.

Thank You, Lord, for this and so many other blessings I fail to mention!

Now, will someone please roll me out of here?  :)

No comments: