Thursday, August 01, 2013

Monster Time

This morning came too early.

At 4 a.m. I was awakened out of a perfectly good sleep by my feet.  They've been giving me a little trouble these past couple of weeks, but it was nothing I worried about.

Early this morning that changed.

Massage and BioFreeze and aspirin did nothing to help, so I hauled out the big guns about four hours earlier than I usually do.  I watched the news, which at that time of night day is just the warmed-over happenings of the night before.  I played Words with Friends, only nobody played back because, HELLO, everyone was still asleep.  I caught up on Facebook reading.  I read all my email. I drank two cups of coffee and ate some cereal.

And by then it was 6:10 a.m.

I toyed with waking Hubster so he could join in the fun, but decided against it.  I hauled a heating pad from the other room and plugged it in, turning it on high. Heat usually helps, but for some reason it didn't today.

And then my hands kicked in and joined the party.  My joy was full.  As a matter of fact, I really don't think I could stand any more joy today, thankyouverymuch.

So it is that now, a mere eight hours after I first woke, I am a zombie.

I had another two cups of coffee after I got to work, but even that is not being successful in my quest to remain somewhat coherent.  I think I will take my lunch and go to the park in hopes that I will not fall asleep in the car.

The RA Monster is alive and well.

No comments: