Monday, May 06, 2013

It Happened About a Weak Back

(photo courtesy ehow.com)

The past week or so the backbone has decided to throw fits.  Standing, sitting, in bed or out, it has been a royal pain.

Yesterday I finally gave up, took painkillers, and spent a good deal of the afternoon in the company of a heating pad, flat on my back.

Today...today my Friendly Neighborhood Chiropractor will be paid a visit.  The appointment is already made.

In other news...

1.  The writing is going well.  One character in particular seems to want to tell the story, and that's fine by me.  Of course, that would make it hard to kill off this character if I decide to do so.

2,000 words down, 88,000 to go.  :)

2.  The grocery store is calling my name.  Not because I want to go there, but because there is nothing left in the house to eat.  The MIL will be in residence this week, so I'm guessing she'll want to be fed.  MILs are funny that way.  The Boy has also griped about the lack of peanut butter, fresh fruit, bread, and other essentials.  I'm guessing I will have to break down and visit the Wal-Marts.  Sigh.

3.  Winter lasted all weekend and up to about noon today.  I was really hoping to be able to GET THE TOMATOES IN THE GROUND, ALREADY! but cold weather had other ideas.  It was so cold (HOW COLD WAS IT?) that Hubster actually put one of the comforters over the flowers to keep them from freezing. 

Today the sun is shining, God is in His heaven, and all's right with the world!




No comments: