Sunday, April 21, 2013

Would You Like Some Dull with Your Boring?

Friday evening was spent having great fun with Cindabel.  We went out for Mexican food (what else) and sampled fried avocados for the first time ever. Afterwards we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and spent a pleasant hour shopping for things we really didn't need.

But hey, we had coupons that were burning holes in our pockets!  We HAD to use them!

Saturday was grocery shopping with a Starbucks iced coffee (unsweetened, 2% milk).  The grocery store had a huge mechanical dinosaur out front for the kids, along with a bounce house and cheap food off of the grill.  Kids were having their pictures taken in front of the dinosaur, when it suddenly came to life.  The looks on the faces of those children was priceless!

After the food was put away at home it was back to the garden center.  This was the week to fill the beds out front.  While that didn't get all the way done, (one bed short) progress was indeed made.  I found it was cheaper to go with miniature carnations, cat mint, some lavender, some rosemary, some kind of yellow spreading flower called tick weed?  or tick something?  Some blue flowers, some pink flowers, some white flowers, some mulch, and lots of prayer that it will actually grow. Time will tell.

In addition, all of the tomato plants I set out last weekend froze solid.  Words were said about that, my friends!  We even covered them to make sure they'd not be frostbitten, but it didn't matter.  Winter is still trying to steal away the Spring, even at this late date.  

I bought more tomato and pepper plants to replace the deceased ones, but I'm not setting them out until frost is a distant memory.  We may have to wait for tomatoes until sometime in August at this rate.

After all the work in the garden yesterday I had one heck of a time staying asleep last night.  I woke at around midnight, and couldn't get back to sleep until around 5 a.m.  I was supposed to work check-in at church, but Hubster couldn't even get me awake, much less there.  I really miss it when I don't get to go to church, but apparently I needed the sleep more.

However, nothing kept me from meeting up with Eldest Daughter today for our pedicure appointment.  I've had gift certificates since Christmas calling my name to be used, and since she's going on vacation next week we decided the nails as well as the toes had to be done.  I feel almost human again after that little escapade.

Chicken and noodles for dinner tonight was met with kind of a "blah" response.  However, let me bring out the monkey bread afterwards, and all is right with the world.  My family is so very fickle.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind.  I need to take dinner to a family that's just had a baby, so I cooked that tonight along with our dinner.  Hopefully I'll have time to come up with some sort of dessert as well.

If you aren't dozing by now, please be assured I will be momentarily.  It's a sad thing to think that you can even put yourself to sleep with your dull as dishwater writing, but there it is.

Looking so very forward to Monday....not.

Sleep tight!










No comments: