Sunday, March 24, 2013

The House, Part 1

I thought it was about time I showed you the results of All the Remodeling of the Rental House.  I know it's been a long time coming, and for that I am sorry.

Let's start with the kitchen:


I didn't think to take any photos until after we started the remodel, so these are during the process.  We'd already replaced the counter tops and moved the dishwasher over next to the sink.  It was previously where the stacked drawers are now.  We added those, as well as the spice rack cabinet and the cookie sheet cabinet to the left of the oven. 


I don't know if you can see it from the photos, but the floor had carpet...regular living room/bedroom type carpet, not kitchen carpet.  It also left by the first truck out of town.


We found this glass tile on sale, and it went perfectly with the counter top.  Since the cabinets were original to the house and the finish was not in the best shape, we decided to paint them.  Fresh vinyl on the floor, new   knobs and handles, and this is the finished product:


AFTER...


BEFORE.

I'm thinking I like it better now.  

(To be continued...)

1 comment:

Linds said...

What a transformation! It looks great. And I haven't got a spice cupboard or a cookie sheet thingamewhatsit, so get your butt over here and build me one please. Now would be good. And the snow? Thanks so much for sending it my way but ENOUGH NOW!!!