Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh Look! Something Shiny!

I have great plans, great ideas, and great and wondrous....gee, I forgot what I was going to say.

That's my life nowadays.

On the way to work each morning I would hear an advertisement on the radio for a certain website.  I'd try and try and try to remember to check it out once I actually got to work.  And when that never happened, I'd hear it again on the way home.  I'd kick myself for not remembering it earlier in the day when I was near a computer, and vow to check it out when I got home.  And then I drove into the garage, parked the car, made dinner, ate, and went to bed, never having accessed the website.

This went on for months.

Finally, in a stroke of dumb luck, I happened to turn the radio on while I was at my desk.  The ad came on, I heard it, and the rest is history.

My hairdresser knows well the obstacles I face.  Mostly because I make appointments with her, don't show up because I've forgotten about them, and then call in anguished apology to make more appointments.  It's a pattern.

I've tried writing things down.  I've tried putting alarms on my computer, my cell phone, and having people call to remind me.  And I do remember...sometimes.

Tonight, for instance, I know I have a haircut scheduled at 5 p.m.  However, when it's time to leave for that appointment, I may be engrossed in something else like writing a blog post.  If that happens, I will most likely forget where I'm supposed to be and when until sometime tonight, when I will do the whole apology/appointment scenario again.

What's a girl to do?  It's a wonder people put up with me.

So tonight I will leave, get my hair cut, and then play it by ear.  I just hope something shiny doesn't appear on my way there.

No comments: