This alone will shock the world as we know it. I have never participated in one of these before, but have enjoyed them FOREVER, so I thought it was about time I contributed. Thanks, Susanne, for hosting all this time and providing uplifting thankful things for us to realize in our daily lives!
So here's my list...
- The quiet. This morning Hubster has gone off to work out with Eldest Son and I got up early. No one else is awake yet, so I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee in peace. Ahhhh.....
- The Internet. Through it, I've been able to meet so many different people from so many different places and developed friendships and seen new perspectives I never would have seen before. My experiences would be "book only" instead of "semi-live" and I would have never had faces or names to put with those books. Plus, need I mention the SHOPPING??? Or the coupons? Or the ease of communication, or....or....or.... For those of us who grew up in the Stone Age with Fred Flintstone, it is indeed a miracle.
- A new church home. For so long after Mom died, there was a fight going on between me and God. I was angry with Him for allowing things to happen to her, allowing her to suffer as she did, before her death. I didn't want to go to church. I had a hard time even praying. But eventually I started to heal, and along with that healing came the need to find a new church home. Thankfully, we found the right place for us and are now attending regularly and working in the programs again. God is good.
- A job I love. And sometimes hate, just like everyone else. But for the most part, 99% of the time, I love it. I get to help people. Sometimes not in the way I had originally imagined, sometimes more than I had imagined, but I always get to help people. It's a wonderful place to be!
- Home-made, three-layered German Chocolate Cake. Straight from the recipe on the German Chocolate bar. Mom used to make them for my birthday every year, and I've decided that this year I'll be making my own. I've missed them far too long.
I know there are many more I could list, but these are the five that stand out today. What are yours?