Monday, June 06, 2011

My Fiend Ivy

No, there is no misspelling in the title.

I am again the innocent victim of the poison ivy.

May I just say how very SPECIAL I feel to have been visited by this plague once more?

As you may recall, I had a bout with this a few years ago.  This time I was aware enough to go to the doctor at the first sign of itching, but apparently not aware enough to stay out of the stuff to begin with.  I mean really, who would have thought it would show up in my FLOWER BED, of all places?  And for goodness sake, who would have thought I'd be industrious enough to actually WEED my flower bed?  At least while I was weeding my flower bed I actually recognized the vile verminous varmint for what it was...albeit a little too late.

Sigh.

So I am now in the possession of steroid cream with the instructions to apply a thin layer twice a day.  But you and I both know how it's going down, don't we?

The cream won't work.  I'll have to go back to the doc.  He'll give me a shot.  I'll get another prescription for more cream, probably an antibiotic and oral steroid.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Grrr.  GRRRR.   GRRRRR!!!!

And I'm itching.

To top it all off, I woke up at FOUR AYEM IN THE MORNING BEFORE THE SUN ROSE today.  It's supposed to be 174 degrees in the shade for the next three days.  I was NOT ready for Summer to hit yet.  I was so enjoying Spring...

So please forgive me if I'm a bit cranky.  I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Off to hide myself in a closet until I can be presentable....

No comments: