Monday, September 27, 2010

Let There Be No Mistake

Tonight there will be sleeping.

It will begin early. It will last many hours. And the first child or husband to disturb me will find his or her body parts littering the landscape.

No brag, just fact.

On the way home I will stop at the Store of Groceries, and I will purchase coffee of the decaf variety. From here on, I will nevereverevereverever drink the leaded stuff again after the clock strikes noon.

Because I am old and my chemical balance is delicate, I will also cease to imbibe upon double hot fudge sundaes less than an hour before bedtime. The sugar high is enough to keep anyone on a course for the moon, not to mention the after effects of the caffeinated brew.

Oh yes, I did. Guilty as charged.

Oh yes, it was good. But they are dead to me now.

And I mean it.

No comments: