Monday, September 27, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Only the sleep, it is elusive.

It's like trying to find that stray hair that's fallen from your head and caught itself somewhere in your glasses so that it rubs up against your face so you take your glasses off and brush it away and put your glasses back on only to find that it's still there, so you keep trying and trying to find it and get rid of it and it finally drives you so nuts that you give up and throw your glasses against the wall where they shatter and you have to feel your way upstairs to put the contact lenses in your eyes that you haven't worn in two years because they dry your eyes out.

Sort of. Anyway, it's annoying like that.

The house is making all kinds of noises at this ungodly hour of the night. It could be that The Boy put in a load of laundry before he went to bed, or it could be the refrigerator running, or it could be that leaky gas pipe about to explode. One never knows, so it's always best to worry in advance.

Hubster is bound and determined we are going to have the entire clan over for Thanksgiving again this year, so somehow the cleaning and whatever redecorating we plan to do must begin in earnest very soon. We tend to wait until a couple of weeks before the event, then murderize ourselves trying to complete tasks which could have been begun and finished long before.

It's a crazy little game we play.

This year I'd like to get the office and dining room painted, carpet up off of the floors, and things hung on the walls. I am terribly, woefully awful about Hanging Things On The Walls. Give me a big ol' blank canvas of a wall and I'll...I'll....

I'll leave it there.

I have a terrible time making decisions (see living room paint color). And hanging things on the walls to be decorative and tasteful is just beyond me. So much so that when I try to decide on things I suddenly get the urge to eat.

And so I do.

And when I eat it's usually something sweet, which then calls for a cuppa coffee. And if we don't have any decaf in the house (like tonight) I try to get away with drinking regular. Only even with my friend AmbienCR, the 1/4 cup of regular I drank is now keeping me awake and somewhat incoherent.

And so I've blathered on. You get the idea. Ramblings of a sleep-deprived mind on drugs.

It isn't pretty.

So now I will try to lay me down to sleep again. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

God bless everyone in the whole wide world.

Amen.

1 comment:

Linds said...

4 hours ago I was sitting here. We could have skyped. Sleepless nights are the pits. You have my sympathy. I have a mindblowing headache at the mo, and my leg needs to be cut off at the hip I feel. Welcome to a world which is not filled with rainbows and dancing fairies.
However, I will now go and write a post full of rainbows and smiley faces. Why? I have no idea.

And why do you need to redecorate for Thanksgiving? Just relax and enjoy the people! Or shut and bolt doors to Places Which Should Not Be Seen!!