Sunday, November 08, 2009

It's Time For The Ugly To Come Out And Play

Today was a waste of time.

I did absolutely nothing productive today except lie around complaining about the inevitable stupid useless lay-me-out-flat disgusting I-don't-have-time-for-this-crap headache that always comes along when I obviously need to get stuff done. Which really doesn't count as being productive because it lacked productivity.

Funny how that works.

Today the only thing I actually DID do was cook dinner. And gripe. And nap. And gripe about not being able to nap because of the stupid useless blah blah blah (see above) headache.

Do you get the idea I might be in a bad mood here? I was, until I got an email from Sis.

Sis bought us a couple of photo scanners so that we could have an easier time scanning the family photos for each other. Apparently they arrived, and she's been hard at work on her set of albums. Today she sent this to Son, DIL and me as her vote for my new Facebook photo. It was taken when I was in about the 6th grade. I think this was my Easter dress, and I had just gotten my hair done for church.


Of special note should be the lovely glasses. I fought like cats and dogs with Mom and Dad when I first got those because I wanted the ones that had all the rhinestones up in the corners. I couldn't understand why on earth they wouldn't let me have them.

Such is the life of a deprived child.

I also remember taking the "sideburns" of my hair and taping them to my head in very tight spitcurls so they'd look like the letter "C" when I removed the tape and hairsprayed them silly.

I'll leave it to you to guess who was sillier; me or the hair.

Oh yes, I can run (in a manner of speaking) - but I can never hide.

No comments: