Monday, August 24, 2009

A Thrill A Minute, And LOOK!!! No Extra Charge!!!

It was a productive weekend.

Friday night I worked the part-time job until after nine, then decided I owed myself some sushi. Unfortunately, I did not pay myself back with the primo stuff. I cheated on my usual sushi place and went to one that was closer. Being as cheaters never win, I was stuck with sushi rice that would have been better suited to Uncle Ben than under a slice of raw fish.

Live and learn.

By the way, my new sushi love is super-white tuna. Sprinkle it with a few scallions and Heaven makes its appearance on earth.

Saturday morning Sis and I met at Mom's. Sis brought breakfast this time, and danged if she didn't get all HEALTHY on me. Oatmeal mixed with craisins, walnuts, flax seed and Splenda. It was a taste treat, truly. I would make it again, but I think I'd substitute almonds or pecans for the walnuts. Because walnuts usually make my tongue burst out in lovely little ulcerated sores.

And that's a mental picture I'm sure you appreciate. You're welcome.

While we were there we dragged the stuff we hadn't picked up yet to the living room for easier transport later. Saturday afternoon the family and I went back over to Mom's to pick up most of my share. We still have one more trip to go since we couldn't fit it all in one.

The Girl had a hard time going to Mom's house. There are so many memories there for all of the grandchildren, not just her. This was a time of remembering for them, and a time to say goodbye to the house. We went through the rooms one by one and remembered things that had happened there. Precious memories the kids will take with them forever. Then we sat in the kitchen around the bar and remembered even more. It was a sweet time.

Sunday The Girl and I went out to breakfast together at a new place. I loved the Breakfast Banana Split. It had strawberry yogurt, granola, fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries, and of course, a banana. The Girl had biscuits and gravy. She wanted hashbrowns, eggs, toast and bacon, but settled when she found the restaurant only had "Breakfast Potatoes" - chunks of potato. She was not impressed.

Afterwards I came home and pulled weeds and planted more flower seeds and watered and supported tomato plants. Believe me when I say you almost couldn't see the tomato plants for the weeds. It is not my proudest moment.

I made Sunday dinner - barbequed boneless ribs - and then it was nap time. Only you know how it is when you're sleepy and tired and just can't get to sleep? That was me for two straight hours. I had too much to think about, too many unworkable things to work out, imagined conversations that needed to be had, lists of things that need doing going through my poor, tangled mind.

I wonder if there's such a thing as a potion to make you sleep for only a short while? They could call it Nap-Aid.

Should I patent the name?

We went to the Wal-Marts Sunday evening. (enthralling stuff, this) I made dinner, and we ate as we watched Big Brother.

Oh, and I did a load of laundry.

And although I know you are clamoring for more, more, MORE! I'm going to leave you with that. Because you've always gotta leave 'em wanting more, eh?

As if this wasn't exciting enough.

Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at "nap aid" ... too funny!~

Anonymous said...

P.S. Glad you're back... was wondering what happened to you!
Debbie