Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Great Randomi Strikes Again

You'll be happy to know I didn't kill anyone yesterday.

The mood has lightened somewhat around here, thank goodness. There was just too much peril for adults, children and small animals yesterday. It is good when drama of that sort is limited to one day.

One of the factors contributing the better humor at this juncture is a good night's sleep. I went to bed last night at 8:30 p.m., much to the surprise of Hubster. And I slept like the proverbial log until I was rudely awakened at 7:38 a.m.

If we all ran on my own personal sleep/awake schedule the world would be utter chaos, in a can labeled "DISASTER" in big, bold letters.

This is why I respect the weekday for what it is and relish the weekend for the same reason.

In other news:

Tonight I let Hubster make dinner after I got home from the grocery store. And I use "let" in the sense that I came in, put the groceries away, and sat down in my chair. I think Hubster got the idea that if there was to be dinner, it was up to someone other than me.

He idea-ed right.

At some point this next week we need to go over to Mom's and get the remainder of the stuff out of there. Our last Saturday coffee is a week from Saturday, and I want to make sure the house is completely cleaned out before then. I also need to get the plants I want out of the yard, the tomato plant out of the garden, and the rest of the stuff out of the shed.

Maybe we should rent a truck.

Hubster is out now with The Boy wasting my gas practicing the art of herding a vehicle between the lines. The Boy has a habit of listing to the right when he drives, causing no small amount of consternation. Add to that the 'tude of a teenager, and you feel my pain.

"I KNOW, Mom."

"I am NOT speeding. I'm only going five miles over the limit."

"I SAW the stop sign."

"Will you GET OFF MY CASE???"

You get the picture.

I can only fall before the feet of a merciful God and thank Him that this is the last child I will have to listen to as he learns how to drive. I only hope we both live through it.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I just realized I have nothing to wear. Of course, it's now 9:30 p.m. and I wanted to get to bed. Funny how that planning in advance to do something comes in handy at times. Go figure.

With that, I bid you good night.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Well, that is a little better....sleep helps, doesn't it?? Just think, our mothers were right about needing a good night's sleep to be fully functioning. Sigh.
And as for the driving, count me out. I will not teach my own kids. Here they all go for lessons with driving instructors, and they seem to go on for months. In fact I do believe the government, in its zealous determination to govern all aspects of my daily life, has decided that parents may NOT teach their children to drive. Health and safety issues. Give me strength.
PS: 10/10 to the great Hubster for picking up on the supper "idea"!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to send you something someone sent me about hubands and cooking... just have to find it. And more power to you with teaching your son to drive. My daughter is lucky to still be alive after riding with her!!!!

Debbie