Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sittin' At The Computer All Day, Watchin' The Time Roll Away

The IT Guy here at work decided to install an upgraded version of the email software we use on my computer.

I have been sitting here for the past 45 minutes, unable to do anything productive except look at a screen that says, "Please wait while the Install Wizard installs Bogus Notes 8.5. This may take several minutes."

And not that I'm that productive anyway, but honestly? It might as well have said, "Please sit back, relax, enjoy a cuppa coffee, read a magazine, file your nails, call a coupla friends, write a blog post or seven, and eat lunch because THIS COMPUTER AIN'T GOIN' NOWHERE FOR A SWEET FOREVER."

Not that it's been 45 minutes so far or anything. Not that I'm not a patient person. Not that I have anything to DO today that would require a computer.

Or anything.

So to aid said Install Wizard (who must be an apprentice or a Wizard In Training) as much as possible, I will now exit this program and the Wild World interWeb. Because it is obvious this kid needs as much help as he can get.

If you need me I'll just be sitting here resting my bones, 'cause this program needs to be left alone....

No comments: