Friday, June 19, 2009

Please Allow Me To Introduce You To My Lunch


Chopped Cobb? Meet the Interpeeps. Interpeeps? Meet Chopped Cobb.

For those of you who are avocado weenies, please note there is no avocado in this salad. All it contains is egg, bacon, lettuce, chicken, tomato, and Gorgonzola cheese tossed in an herbed vinaigrette dressing.

And Interpeeps? It is the epitome of good eatin'. They even give you a hunk of bread to go with it. Although the hunk of bread is harder than a rock, if you peel off the outside crust the inside is palatable.

Now granted, I could make this at home for about $3.00 or less and have enough to feed the masses. I'd even let the dog have a few pieces of chicken. But there's something so decadent about relaxing in this place, munching down on wonderful salad, succulent chicken, drinking iced tea out of a reusable cup, listening to classical music and quiet conversation, and gnawing the hard crust of your whole-grain bread, that makes it so much more fun.

And LOOK! There are cute dishes, too! Dishes that I don't have to wash!

So since today was payday, I decided to splurge. And the Panera, it did not disappoint me.

It did such a wonderful job that I bought an orange scone in addition to my salad.

Oh hush. It's for later. Maybe even breakfast.

And if you believe that one, I've got this nice reusable cup I'd like to sell you...

1 comment:

Janet said...

Okay, you convinced me. I'm headed there tomorrow. It looks delicious.