Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Felled Like the Mighty Oak

Ugh.

I am incapacitated at the moment. Actually I have been incapacitated for the better part of the past two days. No, not mentally. That's a given, silly Interpeeps. This time it's the physical kind.

For the past few days the ragweed? It has not been my friend. So much so that I have become a veritable snot factory. It's a valuable commodity in some cultures. Not this one, of course, but some. If need be, I could produce enough for a small country with supply left over for the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas.

But if I was there, there would be no ragweed.

Sigh.

Due to the overproduction of mucus substances, I have been both blowing my nose and suffering from post-nasal drip to beat the band. And as it tends to do, the post-nasal drip turned into an ear infection and glands under my jaws that swelled to the size of walnuts. Then there came the alternate chills and bursts of fevered hot spells, coupled with a general feeling of roasted dog poop on a stick with a sprinkle of candied mouse droppings.

Yum.

This morning I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't even call in. Hubster had to do it for me. Later on I called Lady Lung Doctor and got her to prescribe some antibiotics so I could start taking them early since I knew I had to see her today anyway. She agreed, God bless her little pointed head, and she concurred with my diagnosis this afternoon.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the blog.

Then again, a doctor who treats herself has a fool for a patient - or so I've heard.

At any rate, I feel better tonight. This is a good thing, because the kids and I are leaving tomorrow after work to go to my cousin's wedding. We'll be travelling to the big city of Branson, MO to spend the night, then on to Arkansas for the wedding the next evening. After the wedding we'll head back to Branson to shop in the outlet malls the next day and spend another couple of nights relaxing before we head home. Although really? If I had my choice of places to stay to "relax," a tourist trap like Branson would be among the last on the list. (see here)

But if I was sick and we couldn't go the kids would have my head on a platter.

So tomorrow we're off. But fear not, Interpeeps. This time I can stay in touch! I'm taking Clarabelle with me, and will hopefully get in a bit of writing time.

We shall see.

No comments: