Monday, May 25, 2009

Glory Be!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have an estate sale company!

The first one I spoke with about taking over the sale long, long ago finally called back. I lost their card to begin with, then found it after we'd started setting up the sale ourselves. I called them, but didn't get a return call and so figured they weren't interested. Not so. They were in Mexico.

I met with them today at Mom's, and they seem to think there will be enough profit in it for them to take it on. They even came down 5% on their usual fee, and agreed to sell a few things for the lady that was going to help us without taking a cut. We sign the contract on June 2 and they'll start setting things up on June 3. The sale will be June 12-14.

We'll be putting together fliers to hand out at the sale for people who might be interested in buying the house as well. Hopefully we'll get some nibbles on it from people who see it during the sale.

Life goes on. It doesn't stop for the fact of us missing her. As much as we hate it, we have to move along with it. And this is the next step.

I just wish I felt better about taking it.

No comments: