Monday, April 20, 2009

It is now 11:55 p.m.

I am celebrating that fact by taking up my bed and walking (well, walking anyway) downstairs and having a coffee cup full of Yago Santgria.

Because Interpeeps, the insomnia, it is keeping me awake nights.

In addition, I'm celebrating the homecoming of my cyber-child from the CHINH. Nephew was able to diagnose and repair what ailed it, but from what I hear it may not be long until yet more of the insides emit the magic smoke that makes the computer run.

I can't tell you how that excited me.

So we'll just talk about other things and pretend Dear Computer isn't dying a slow, and we hope not very painful, death. Because half the fun of having a problem is ignoring it.

On to the happenings over the weekend, which were myriad.
__________

First there was the house clean out at Mom's. You know, you'd think after all this time there would be inches and inches of dust all over everything, but it isn't so. I actually think Mom's ghost is there in the house, still scaring away all the dirt even now.

Sis and I got the collectibles cabinet divided up. Lots of Lowell Davis, Maude Humphrey, Hummel, etc. It took us practically all morning to do just the cabinet.

After that it was off to the hairdresser to be with The Girl as she got her up-do for the big Prom date Saturday night. Right after she got done there we headed to the nail shop. I got the usual pedicure, but she got both manicure and pedicure. Then it was home to dress.

Boyfriend picked her up around 4:30 p.m. to take pictures at his house, then they came back to our house for pictures.




Just so you know, that dress gave me flashbacks to the 70's in a BIG WAY.



And this photo makes me cry. They're both so...GROWN UP. (sniff)



From here they went to another friend's home where they left their cars and picked up the limousine they'd rented for the evening.

This was taken at the home where they picked up the limo.


I was going to throw in a couple of photos of each of them by themselves, but really, there is such a thing as OVERKILL here, people. I think you get the idea.


It was Prom. There was dressing up. There were proud parents and beautiful and handsome children who are almost not children anymore. There were sighs.

________________________

In the ongoing search to find something to decorate the bare walls in the living room, I have come upon this...

It's a 28" wide antique leaded glass window pane. Call me crazy, but I think I'm going to paint the frame a rust color to go with the furniture, then hang it on the wall with the yellow showing through the panes. Either that, or I think it already has a dark stained wood frame on the other side, so that would eliminate the need to paint. I think it's beautiful.

It's at an antique/decorating shop a few blocks away from where I work that's going out of business, so they're unloading everything at great prices. Now, if it only sticks around until payday....

And with that, I'm calling it a night.

No comments: