Monday, March 05, 2007

God? He's Good!


God is good.

Let me get you up to speed on The Life and Times of Singer Central. I know you've been holding your breath in anticipation of the next chapter of this saga, and far be it from me to keep you in suspense any longer. After all, you do have OTHER things to do.

And so we continue.

You may remember that when we last left Our Heroine (me), she was deep in the throes of self-pity once again, caught up in the soap opera that had become her work life.

Fast forward to Saturday last.

In a desperate attempt to change what was into what is, Our Heroine decided to venture forth to work. Although work was closed, it was the perfect time for her to be there. Unseen by the eyes of her soon-to-be predecessor, she could finally move into her office in relative peace.

And move she did.

She moved files. She moved furniture. She moved plants and pictures and the printer. She moved the computer and the phone, and she vacuumed and dusted and cleaned. She hung photos and watercolors. She placed pillows and throws. She made it her home away from home.

And she looked at it, and saw that it was good.

And then she fell over in a heap, being ABSOLUTELY DEAD TIRED because really, who in their right mind would come in to work on a SATURDAY just to move into an office when you've worked what amounted to two jobs the entire previous week?

Our Heroine? Not so smart.

So Sunday she slept in instead of refreshing her soul. She thought God would understand just this once.

Monday was a very, VERY full day. The setup for the computer took all morning since it had contracted a virus and had to be wiped clean and reloaded. Meetings were held, requests were made, the emails fairly flew back and forth. Our Heroine finally left the office at 6:30 p.m., rushed home to eat dinner with the family, and is now headed to bed.

But just for a moment, she needed to reflect on the past few days. She needed to see that they were good. Very good. Very good indeed. And this new job? Looking to follow the same pattern.

Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for reminding me of the good. I'm still a little concerned about the future and my ability to handle it all, but I gotta tell you, I REALLY love this job so far.

God IS good.

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

See! I knew it would all work out. :-)

Susanne said...

ahhh, a happy ending! I have to say I just love your story telling, even though this wasn't a story but real life, but you know what I mean! :v)