Saturday, October 07, 2006

Exposing Myself

The epizude has hit our house.

In case y'all don't know what it is, let me explain. Epizude (ep-i-zoo-dee) is just a down-home term for sickness, illness, barf-ishness, coughing, headache, cold, or whatever else ails you. This particular epizude comes with a fever, a mean upper respiratory thing, and a lot of coughing.

A. Lot. Of. Coughing.

Right now the hubster has it. Daughter is trying to get it. Son probably will get it. And me? I'm steering clear of all of them.

For the past two nights I've slept on the couch, serenaded by the hubster's hacking cough. He's been upstairs in our nice, warm, comfortable bed, spreading his germs into the atmosphere. Now, not that I didn't take the "in sickness and in health" vow seriously or anything, but that doesn't mean I have to willingly subject myself to the untold horrors of contagious disease. I mean, all I have to do is fix lots of chicken noodle soup and provide lots of fluids and a "poor baby" every now and then, right? I don't actually have to KISS him or anything, do I???

Tonight, however, I will acquiesce. I will take the risk. I will bite the bullet. I will sleep in my own bed, with my own husband, with my head on my own, comfortable pillow. Some things are more important than the risk of illness, and sleeping with my spouse is one of those things. I must admit that I miss snuggling up next to him, listening to his even breathing and slight snore.


Among other things.

A-HEM.

Besides, he's promised not to breathe on me.


Ephesians 5:33
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.
King James Version 1611, 1769

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

That Jules certainly gets around, doesn't she? ;) I hope your hubby has a quicker recovery than she did. And, I PRAY that you don't get it.

I ALWAYS get to stay in our bed. It's hubby who has to move, no matter who is sick. LOL. That's because of the fan right above the bed which I HAVE to have on every single night...even in the middle of winter! :P

HeyJules said...

Claire! I'll have you know I haven't been over to their house - let alone been introduced to the ever popular "BILL" man. She cannot blame this one on me!

However, that said, when you find yourself with that weird tickle in the back of your throat, call and I'll heat up the chicken soup for you. :-)