Monday, October 30, 2006

Cute As a Bug


I'm sorry.

I'm a grandmother.

And as such, I am required to share with you about my grandchildren.

It's a law. Really.

It's written in the handbook, and they'd rescind my grandmother's license if I didn't do it.

For that reason, and because I'm just so blessed to have her as my granddaughter, I present to you Miss Kaylee. At the tender age of 8 months, she has the entire world wrapped around her little finger, including me. I just can't imagine how she does it.


Isn't God good to give us gifts like these in our "older" years? He knows that we may be too set in our ways to handle these little blessings on a full-time basis, so He graciously gives us the gift of grandchildren. Sweet little bundles we can love and spoil rotten, then hand back to their parents when the going gets tough and our patience runs thin.

Because, after all, we've done our time. And now it's time for the next generation to learn the joys of parenthood.

And it's time for grandparents like me to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children.





3 comments:

see-through faith said...

oooh

I can't wait until I'm a Grandmother too :) ... still some time to go, but 'enjoying' my teenagers :) but that is one cutie pie :)

Pilot Mom said...

She is adorable! What a cutie! I, too, am eager to be a grandma but I'm willing to wait until he finds the right one and gets married!! LOL! ;)

Sally said...

She is just beautiful- so glad you shared these picutures!