Monday, October 30, 2006

Just Call Me "Crash"



OK, I'm starting to get REALLY tired of this. Tonight, for the third time this month, I was involved in an automobile accident.


YES, y'all. I said it was the THIRD TIME THIS MONTH.


What is wrong with this picture???


The other times were fairly simple. Car driven by boy rear-ends car driven by grouchy lady in her extremely late thirties. EXTREEEEMELY late thirties. Fairly minor damage. One boy with insurance, one without.


Only this time it was different. It was worse. Much worse. And my car is far from pretty at this point.


I was turning left on a yellow light. Another car, trying to beat the light, ran into my rear passenger door and knocked me 45 degrees in the other direction.


Yes, I WAS WEARING MY SEATBELT. Amazing how God prepares you for things, eh?


No, NO ONE WAS HURT. Amazing how God protects you from things, eh?


And PRAISE GOD I was alone at the time. The impact of the other car would've surely hurt one of the kids if they'd been sitting in the rear passenger seat.


So if it's alright with You, God, I'd just as soon be done with this now. No more wrecks. No more crumpled doors and fenders. No more stiff necks, aching backs or shoulders. No more time missed from work, rental cars or insurance agents. No more police reports, thank You. I've had my fill for a while.


See Lord, You've taught me to wear my seatbelt. I even had it on for the last two wrecks. You've taught me patience. That's what keeps me going to the chiropractor in hopes I'll finally get healed up...if I can quit having wrecks. You've kept me honest when I could've been dishonest. You've shown me that I need to slow down. I've learned so much through all this! You've blessed me beyond measure in all these ways.


So Lord? I think I've maybe been blessed enough for a while in this area, OK? If it's just the same with You, I'd really like to go back to normal now.


Because I hate it when they call me "Crash."



[ Elihu Reminds Job of God’s Power ] “Look, God is all-powerful.Who is a teacher like him?"



Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You.


No comments: