Thursday, July 21, 2016

What's for Dinner?

WINE

Around our house, it's a constant fight to get someone...ANYONE...to decide what we're going to eat for the evening meal.

It's become quite the game. The first one to ask "What's for dinner?" wins. 

I have gone to the extreme of making a list, something I am loathe to do. On it are all the dishes I have ever prepared for my family. I left the ones they didn't like off of the list. All one of them has to do is go to the list, pick out ONE THING they like, and tell me what it is. 

ONE THING.

Instead, I find myself in front of the refrigerator, looking at the list and naming things off for them to disapprove. 

"Not THAT."

"I'm not FEELIN' that."

"What else is there?"

I tried coming up with a menu for the week, without input from the rest of the crowd. However, this meant I had to make another LIST (see LOATHE above). While it helped in the short term, it quickly failed.

I am nothing, if not disorganized and undependable.

This morning I made the Executive Decision all by myself. BBQ chicken in the crockpot.

I called Hubster and informed him of what to do and when. It's in his ballpark now.


No comments: