I had reasons, people. Bonafide REASONS. But yes, I gave in.
I am again a card-carrying member of Facebook. Only without the card.
As with any adventure, there were several things I learned during my hiatus. They are, in no particular order:
- The world can get along without me just fine, thank you.
- I can't keep in touch with family or friends if I don't have their email addresses or telephone numbers. Go figure.
- I can't find out the news from old high school friends any easier than on FB. One of them had an almost-fatal heart attack, and the only way I had of finding out about his condition was through friends who were, coincidentally, on FB.
- I can block the dog, cat, Trump, Cruz, Clinton, and all other animals I want without actually leaving the planet.
- I can take vacations from FB. It is what one of my friends calls "going dark." And I will. The next time I get fed up with all the hate, I'll just take a break.
- All the Writing I was going to do without FB to waste my time didn't, in fact, happen. I can tell from the look on your face you're shocked. I know.
- The words "I told you so" are never far from the lips of those who did, in fact, tell you so.
- I do not like television, with the exceptions of The Big Bang Theory and Grace & Frankie. I particularly abhor sports where people try to kill each other. Those include, but are not limited to; football, boxing, and beating one another with a pointy stick.
Cross my heart and hope to never give up.