Monday, September 23, 2013

Just Ya-Ba-Da-Ba-Do It

My friend and I have decided to take a yoga class.


It is, perhaps, unfortunate that whenever I think of yoga I immediately relate it to Yogi - Bear, that is.  The cartoon character I worshipped as a child.  He was always trying to steal the pic-a-nic baskets of unsuspecting campers in Jellystone Park, then wolfing them down with the help of his little pal, Boo Boo Bear.

Which, in my convoluted mind, relates specifically to me.

It's due to the excess of pic-a-nic and other foods that I NEED to take the yoga (Yogi) class.  Poundage is slipping back on after the Great Weight Loss of 2010, and I need to get a handle on it NOW.

Add to that the fact that yoga can be adjusted to those of us with deteriorating joints, and it makes for a fun time for all.  Cindy, my friend, is also excited about the prospect, so if this one class works out, we may continue in the future.

Although I have to admit that the prospect of twisting myself up like a pretzel does not stimulate my inner Yogi.

We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: