Monday, September 30, 2013

All Stretched Out and Someplace to Go



My friend Cindabel and I are attending a yoga class this coming weekend.

It's only one class, and it's supposed to be Gentle Yoga for Beginners, which may be an oxymoron.  I am more of a Do-Nothing-er instead of a Beginner, so any yoga I do had best be of the pre-beginner variety, and I have a feeling that NO yoga is going to be the only way it will be gentle.

Add to that the fact that I have almost no sense of balance, and you have a win/win situation all the way around.

Seriously...I was THAT GIRL who flunked the balance beam part of gym in junior high school, so they let me pass on it in high school.  They figured the shame and embarrassment was enough to let me slide by.

To prepare for the class I decided to do some stretching.

And that was my FIRST bad idea.  Other than taking the class, that is.

I've been sore for the past week.  And as if that weren't enough, I decided to clean out the flower beds yesterday, which involved a whole bunch of bending over and using muscles that would much rather remain dormant.

Today I can barely walk.

So it is with great JOY that I look forward to this weekend's class.

Or then again, maybe not...


No comments: