Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Window Treatments

I am the proud owner of a 1999 Buick Century.

Said vehicle has just passed the 80,000 mile mark, and is still chugging along.  There have been a few glitches along the way, but for the most part it's been a really good car.

One of those glitches is happening as we speak.  The driver's side window refuses to go up and down.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem.  However, we've got a Major Snow/Ice/Sleet Storm coming tomorrow night, and the forecast is 6"-10" of white stuff.  Unfortunately, my window is stuck...open

It's the curse of the drive-through.  My car window is raised and lowered, regardless of the temperature outside, every time I get that Route 44 iced tea with extra ice and lime wedges.

Only not so much the past few weeks.  I've actually lowered myself into the open-the-car-door-to-order-and-pick-up-because-I'm-an-addict crowd.  Yes, I get the funny looks.  Yes, I've dropped the debit card.  No, I haven't spilled the drink yet. 

But it's getting a little old.

That's why I left the comfort of my Buick at home today.  Hubster is getting the window fixed for me.  Today I'm driving Big Red, my dear Hubster's pickup truck.


This is what it feels like.



In reality, this is what it is.

Honestly?  Any vehicle that is large enough to require a step up for entry is TOO BIG for me.  And that doesn't even begin to address the driving issues, which we won't go into in case Hubster may be reading this.  We don't want him to have another heart attack, do we?

If my window isn't fixed tonight I may have to call the elders of the church together to lay hands on it for healing.

Also, if it isn't fixed tonight, the car isn't the only one who will need prayer.

Just sayin'...

No comments: