Friday, January 18, 2013

The Work, It Does Not End

I am back at work today, but only until noon.  We have been given an extra half-day off in conjunction with the Martin Luther King national holiday we will also have off on Monday the 21st.

If it were within the realm of thought for me to stay home on a day when the office was only going to be open until noon, I would have gladly done so.  However, to waste a precious vacation day on a day when we get to go home early? 

Um...no.

I called a staff meeting in my office since I'll be gone all next week on vacation, and noticed the whole crew was edging toward the door while covering their noses and mouths.  When I asked about it, one of my more outspoken employees said, "We don't want your crud!"

Aptly spoken.

This weekend I intend to read, rest and get over the "crud" as best I can.  The original plan was for me to take the week of vacation in order to work over at the house.  In order to do that, I need to be healthy.  Today it was all I could do to get dressed and into the office.  I'm hoping that will change in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, we'll make sure to disinfect everything with Lysol and hope it doesn't spread.  It ain't fun.

No comments: