Wednesday, December 12, 2012

And Then I Painted Some More

One could tire of the color beige, if indeed it was a color.  Which I doubt, because color is FUN! and EXCITING! TO PAINT ON WALLS!!! and ALMOST GOES ON ALL BY ITSELF!!!

Which is not so with the paint I've been using.

On the positive side, all of the bedrooms are done, the hallway is done, and the living room is done.  The new tile is up in the bathroom, the new counter tops have been installed in the kitchen, and the back splash is in progress.

On the down side, we still have to replace a window in one of the bedrooms, paint the remainder of the downstairs, the dining room and the walls and cabinets in the kitchen.

Hubster tries to work every day, but I'm pretty much relegated to weekends only.  And after Thanksgiving, those weekend days have been hard to come by.  The Girl has been employed as a contract painter when she's been home, but The Boy doesn't seem to be very interested in the physical labor part of the whole thing.

Honestly, you'd think we were painting the Taj Mahal or something since it's taking so long, but it's really not that much space.  We're just EXTREMELY slow.

And anal.

You see, I have this "thing" about making sure it's done RIGHT.  And because of that I have painted the same line next to the ceiling, first with beige, then with white ceiling paint to fix the mistakes, then with beige again to fix the mistakes made with the white, about 5,432 times now.

I'm beginning to think being a perfectionist has its faults.

So we're hoping for January 1 to have it ready, when in reality it will probably be more like January 15th.

Or June 30th, give or take.

In the meantime, if you need me I'll be over here...painting the same line over and over and over and over and......

No comments: