Friday, August 10, 2012

A List of Random Items

A list of disjointed and mostly unimportant things to brighten your Friday/weekend/year/life...

1.  This is the best blog I've read in ages.  Go there.  RIGHT NOW.  I'll wait.

2.  The Monkees are going to tour.  Without Davy.  (Obviously, since he died in February.)  This is about a zillion kinds of wrong.  Although it would be more wrong, and just plain creepy, if they were to tour WITH Davy.

3.  I have not found a way to number items in Blogger with spaces between the paragraphs.  Please enlighten me.

4.  The Boy's girlfriend looks like a sister of one of the American gymnasts.  If ever I can figure out how to transfer photos from my phone to the computer, I will upload proof.  It is eerie.

5.  I have been playing the license plate game this summer.  Sis got me started on it. She's been playing every year since license plates were created, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  The object is to see with your own eyes every license plate from every state in the Union plus Washington, D.C. in the time period between Memorial Day and Labor Day.  With only a few days left, I was stuck.  I had Vermont, Washington, D. C. and Hawaii to get.

But today....TODAY I GOT HAWAII!!!

Which is particularly amazing since the poor people taking the road trip had to actually CROSS THE OCEAN IN THEIR CAR for me to see their plate.

Oh, OK.  Maybe they didn't actually DRIVE here, at least all the way.

I get my kicks in strange places, people.

6.  We are still searching for a house to buy that we can rent out.  Tonight we'll look at four different houses in the hopes that a) we can afford one, b) it won't need much in the way of fixing up, and c) we can rent it out with the most wonderful renters in the world in a very short time.  I would settle for a) at this point.

7.  As I may have mentioned, The Girl and her boyfriend are no more.  She seems to have recovered quite nicely, and is extremely excited about the coming school year.  Color us thrilled.

8.  My hair is still a horrendous copper color.  Although I am starting to get more used to it, I can't help but think of eighty-year-old ladies who dye their hair jet black and think it looks perfectly normal.  Because I are one, at least until the next dye-job.

I will not mess with new hair color.
I will not mess with new hair color.
I will not mess with new hair color....

And with that, I will bid you a fond Friday and a wonderful weekend!

No comments: