Friday, December 23, 2011

The Incredible Lightness of Being

The Christmas shopping is done.

Even if it isn't done, I am declaring it done.  Hubster has one gift left to purchase, and if he doesn't get it, it will be HIS fault. 

**I** (she said, in a Very Righteous Tone) am FINISHED with MY shopping.

Humph.

The Girl, bless her, is wrapping presents for me.  My fingers are not working as well as they might when it comes to folding and taping and creasing and cutting, so she agreed to do that little chore for me.  Pseudo Daughter is helping her, and The Girlfriend is along for the ride as well.

And may I just add this one little comment?

God bless Amazon, and the horse it rode in on.

What on earth I would have done without it this season I do not know.  The Amazon Prime membership is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

(I know there's a pun in there somewhere for all you Amazonians, having to do with the Gold Box deal, etc., but I won't go into it tonight because of the Christmas season, falalalala, and you're welcome.)

Hubster did call me at work one day this week to tell me that he feared we might have gone slightly over budget due to all the boxes being delivered.  I assured him we were fine.  He believed me, poor man, until the toilet paper came.

Yes, I ordered toilet paper through Amazon. 

Oh hush.  There was an online coupon, and it was on sale....

Anyway.

We're in the home stretch now.  I'm done with work until a week from Tuesday.  We're having one Christmas celebration Sunday, and another on Tuesday.  After that, I plan to go out of town by myself for a couple of days and recoup.  I need at least that long to become sane enough to rejoin society again.

Let me give you an example...

I cleaned off the top of my desk at work today.  Completely.  It hasn't been this bare since we moved back into the building last April.

If that isn't someone in need of a couple of mental health days, then I don't know what is.

Have a very blessed and very happy Christmas, my friends.  You are loved!

No comments: