Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No Sleep for the Wicked

Perhaps it was because of a loooooong day spent answering the phones yesterday...

Maybe it was due to me staying up to finish Jennifer Grant's memoir of her father, Cary Grant, entitled "Good Stuff"...

Could have even been the Chinese food we had for dinner...

But this little piggy could not close an eye for more than an hour at a time last night even with the help of my friend Ambien.

Suffice it say We are not a happy camper this morning.

To top it off, We have a lovely migraine, and since We are short-handed at work Our Warm Body is needed to fill in for those who have family emergencies or have left town to celebrate new grandbabies.  Because We do love grandbabies.  Indeed We do.

Last night two of ours came to visit, just when I needed to hold a baby the most.  And I got to tell her mother she'd learned a new phrase at the tender age of nine months.  "Huh-oh!" she says, as she purposely drops a toy for you to pick up for her.  "Huh-oh!  Huh-oh!"  Mommy hadn't realized she'd learned that one yet, probably due to the fact that this is her third.  It tickles me so to see them learn new things at this age!

We also got the middle child to try Chinese food.  "Hmmm...." she said. "That's good.  Can I have some more rice?"  She liked the broccoli as well, but the rice was her favorite.

Today I plan to hide out in my office as much as possible, coming out only for oxygen, lunch, water, and the occasional bathroom break.  Maybe if I sit "vewy vewy stilw" I will be able to ignore the migraine until my massage tonight at 7 p.m.

And then....

And then......

Magic fingers, TAKE ME AWAY!!!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Massage when one has a migraine...sheer joy. Except when one has a massage therapist who, shall we say, chats a lot. As in constantly. Sigh. Hope you feel better now.