Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Should Be Snoozin'

Frankly, it's turning out to be the perfect day for a nap. A good, long snooze. A siesta of mass proportions.

The skies are opening up for thunderstorms after a day of sunshine, there are no children about, I feel absolutely no need to clean anything whatsoever, and I'm sleepy. I could nod off in the blink of an eye with my feet turned towards Dreamland and a clear path ahead.

There's only one little problem.

My usual Saturday naptime is 3 p.m. That leaves me enough leeway to have a two-hour snooze and still wake up in plenty of time to wipe the sleep from my eyes and get to church for the 5:37 p.m. service.

It is now 4:32 p.m., and therein my dilemma lies.

Do I lie down now and wake up still sleepy and not just a little bit cranky in time for church? Do I skip the nap and go to church, hoping to get a second wind? Or do I go ahead and take the full nap, skipping my spiritual feed for the week? There is, of course, another choice. I could take the nap and go to church tomorrow, but then Hubster wouldn't be able to go with me.

I think I'll opt for what's behind door number one and catnap here in the chair until time to leave. It shouldn't be too hard, considering Hubster will be serenading me with the television version of stadium football. I believe it's the YOU ARE THERE!!! version, complete with ear-shattering whistles and body-banging commentary.

Just the kind of thing to put me in the mood for worship...

No comments: