Sunday, April 11, 2010

It Was A Very Good Day

Today was the kind of day that makes you not want to return to work tomorrow.

Sleeping late, fixing a big breakfast for the kids, sitting outside on the swing, all good things. Getting The Boy to mow the lawn and talking Hubster into building my raised bed garden, even better. Having the people behind us clear all the weeds, poison ivy and rampant wisteria out of the fence that separates us, wonderful! Deciding to revamp and renew the old swing we have so that it can be used again instead of sitting there looking like something that belongs in the dump, then having Hubster go to Home Depot with me to get all the things needed for the garden project and this? Unbelieveable.

The ball is in Hubster's court as far as the garden goes. I'm figuring I'll be the one sanding and repainting the frame for the old swing. We still have to find a seat for it that's compatible, along with cushions. It would be nice to have a canopy for it as well, but that's pushing the envelope. If I can get it sanded this week I'll be happy.

Then there's the woodpile that needs to be restacked. The grill needs to be refurbished. We need to see about getting some kind of graduation party together for The Girl, and if outside looks nice enough the back yard may be just the place.

There are so many things running through my head that I can't seem to get to sleep tonight. I'm tempted to go out on the patio in my nightgown and start sanding, or to try to figure out the menu for the party, or to rake dead leaves out of the corners of the yard and out from around the fence and spray herbicide on the poison ivy/weeds/rampant wisteria area so it won't come back anytime soon.

But honestly? It's 11:45 PM. I'm thinking a nice, warm glass of milk might do the trick better. Except that we're all out of milk.

Curses, foiled again!

No comments: