Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At This Very Moment My Dog Is Wondering Who Stole Her House

It's a whole new world, Interpeeps.

The weekend, it was rough. There was painting and cleaning and tossing and tossing and tossing and cleaning and more and more of all of the above. The carpets were cleaned yesterday as we continued to shovel out even more areas.

And we're still not done.

Lizzie is wandering around like a lost dog. She can't figure out what happened to the people who used to live here and the dirt that surrounded them. Poor little puppy. Tonight she even tried to "mark" the carpet just to prove it was still home, but I caught her in time and put her outside. She knows better than that. It's just very upsetting to have a clean house. :>)

I need a rest. If I don't take tonight off I will revolt and throw a tantrum the size of the outline of Alaska and the lower 49 put together. Because I don't think I've mentioned this, but I have to gear up to feed 30 people on Thursday.

And I haven't been to the Price Chopper yet.

Oh yes, I believe in Living Dangerously. Who knows what they'll be out of by the time I get there? It's my own form of Thanksgiving Roulette, and it's only for the hale of heart.

Or the lazy of bone.

In other news, The Boy is fever-free and we are now officially done with waiting on him. As a matter of fact, we've put his sorry behind to work. He's been a man of leisure for too long. He's still got the cold associated with the flu so he's still pretty much a pariah, but he is well enough to be mouthy. Thank y'all for praying for him.

It's been a cold, rainy, gloomy, sorry excuse for a day and I'm worn out. Bed is looking really good right now, so I think I'll give 'er a whirl.

I highly suggest y'all do the same.

1 comment:

Linds said...

I do believe the cleaning-tossing-sorting bug is a global GERM. I seem to have acquired it too. However, I do not have ranks of slaves to assist, so it is a very long and tedious process. Feel free to hop on a plane on Friday and bring your minions. You have the experience to HELP.
Over and out from under the piles.......
Oh. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!