Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ah Be Normal Knitting Christmas Lists and Feet

Today is the first day I have felt normal since last Friday.

And we all know I use the term "normal" very, very loosely.

As a matter of fact, I was banished to the couch to sleep by Hubster during my period of relative abnormality, because really? Who wants to try to sleep with someone who tosses and turns and gets up and down and snores and groans and ....

It pains me to admit this. It pained Hubster more to try to sleep with it.

However, tonight will mark my glorious return to the homeland. I think I've finally kicked this in the gizzards. It's about time.

In other news, I'm about to bring up the "K" word again. Yes, I've finished yet another in the line of abysmal dishcloths. HOWEVER, they are more and more, at least LOOKING like dishcloths now. Instead of some sort of misshapen geometric disaster, that is. I'm telling you, once you screw up a beginner pattern every way you can, the only way to go is up!

And lastly, I have an idea for those of you who do Christmas lists in your family.

Amazon is celebrating the tenth year of their Wish Lists. To do this, they are having a sweepstakes for everyone that creates or adds to an existing Wish List. This week's prize is a kitchen makeover, and there are more prizes available as the weeks go on. In addition, you can now add items from sites other than Amazon to your Wish List, and you can create as many as you want. Once created, those lists can be sent to anyone who has an email address.

I'm having my grown children create Wish Lists for themselves and their children. That way I'll have the exact item(s) they want, whether I buy it/them from Amazon or not. I told them to go hog wild - to choose anything they wanted no matter what the price - because after all, it's just a list. We'll decide how much we'll spend on each of them and then use the list accordingly. The bigger the list, the better. Amazon lets you prioritize your wishes as well so you can get what they really want.

If this works I may just win the Nobel Peace Prize, Family Edition.

At very least I might be able to avoid the remodeling at the local Wal-Mart.

I've given them until Halloween, October 31, to get the lists in. I'll start nagging after that, bludgeoning after Thanksgiving. Maybe, just maybe it will work.

Did I mention I'd like to avoid Wal-Mart this year?

Tonight The Girl and I are headed out for her birthday pedicure. I decided to celebrate with her, being as she won't go by herself and I really want a pedicure.
It's a WIN-WIN situation!

Gee, I wonder how I could put one of those on an Amazon Wish List?

No comments: