Sunday, September 27, 2009

Knitting, You Are Dead To Me

At least for a little while.

I finished the blasted dishrag. Only I got impatient with it, as is my wont, about row 439. Of course, I think the entire thing was only supposed to have around 50 rows, so I honestly believe you can say I more put it out of its misery than anything else.

Because I am nothing if not kind to cotton yarn. And small animals.

About 3/4 of the way through I started doubling up on every other stitch. This did lead to the desired effect of finishing the stupid thing, but at the same time it led to a rather misshapen lump o' yarn.

Sis and I had coffee today, and I took the poor, deformed object with me to show her. She said it looked more like an air-conditioned hat for a baby since I'd dropped so many stitches and it bulged so menacingly due to my impromptu surgery of the pattern.

Needless to say, the knitting needles are getting a rest at the moment.

Instead, INSTEAD! I HAVE EXCITING NEWS!!!

It is now 2:27 a.m. in the morning and I have just FINISHED crocheting a dishcloth that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A DISHCLOTH!!! I'm so excited!!! I may frame it.

But for now? I think I'll go to bed.

The needlework, she has done me in.

1 comment:

Linds said...

PHOTOS - WE NEED PHOTOS!!!! In order to mark this momentous occasion in an appropriate manner, of course!