Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just A Shade Past Crazy

I had big plans for this weekend.

Remember the living room? The one we started remodeling in March or so? I was bound and determined to get my part of it finished this weekend.

You may now laugh out loud.

I finally made a concrete decision on an area rug, brought it home, and disliked it immediately. I took it back to two different branches of the store where I bought it, but ended up returning it at the original store. I also found the replacement for the rug but I had to special order it. It should be here on Friday.

One down.

I decided I wanted Roman shades for the windows. I went to the store where I planned to buy them, but the thing that always happens to me happened yet again. I couldn't find shades already made that were the correct width and color I needed.

So I decided to bite the bullet and special order them. Call me crazy - go ahead.

The salesperson and I went through EVERY SINGLE BOOK she had of fabrics, and NOT ONE of them matched my furniture. Not one. They were too pink, too red, too light, too patterned, too everything.

I got so desperate I even considered making the shades myself.

You may stop writhing on the floor with laughter at any time. I'll wait.

Given that I am most definitely NOT a seamstress, I think I will pass on that option. I've been told they are easy to make, but even easy sewing projects tend to stymie me. It is not one of the gifts I was given, and I readily admit it.

However, I did purchase a Knitting and Crocheting for Dummies kit this weekend. It came with two sets of knitting needles and a crochet hook, plus some kind of measuring device. At least I think that's what it is. I feel like an expert for being able to distinguish between the knitting needles and the crochet hook. My first clue was the HOOK on the end of one of the sticks. And the fact that there was only one.

My momma didn't raise no dummies.

If I get REALLY good at it, I may give everyone dishcloths for Christmas. However, given my history on projects such as this, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

As for the Roman shades?

I think I'll punt.

No comments: