Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Long, Long Weekend

This weekend has lasted a thousand days. And I have eaten my weight in full each and every day. It is a SICKNESS. A DISEASE. A PLAGUE.

And it MUST STOP.

By rights, I should now weigh just a little less than Planet Earth itself on one of Planet Earth's fat days. I have no idea how I am going to fit into the clothing I need to wear to work tomorrow. Chances are I may have to go partially naked, blinding those with whom I come in contact. Perhaps a tasteful drape ala Scarlet O'Hara would be in order. My friend Omar the Tentmaker is off on holiday or I'd press him into service.

It hasn't helped that I have not been able to be active at all. I have had the energy of your basic slug all weekend, only leaving the house when it was absolutely necessary. I slept and ate, ate and slept, and slept some more. It seems this last little bout of whatever it was is really kicking my behind even now.

One of the absolutely necessary trips out of the house was to go over to Mom's yesterday. We met there with a realtor to list the house, as well as to show it to a prospective buyer. There are still a few things we have to clear out of it, and I'll be taking care of that this week. It will be listed on MLS at the end of the week, so everything has to be gone.

It was harder than I thought it would be to list the house. Sis had shown it once already, and told me she didn't want to do it again. I wasn't wild about showing it either. I'd rather not have any contact with whoever it is that buys it. I just don't want to know. The one father and daughter that looked at it while we were there seemed nice enough, but to have them take over and actually LIVE in Mom's house? Wow. That will be hard.

But we'll get through it. It's part of life.

No comments: