Friday, May 29, 2009

Clarabelle and I are in a day-long meeting. I brought Clarabelle with me, along with an internet connection, so that I could keep from falling asleep at the wheel, so to speak. So far Clarabelle has managed to keep both me and my seatmate entertained during the especially dull parts of said meeting.

Have I told you lately how much I love having a laptop???

However, what I don't love is the fact that I stayed up last night until 1:30 a.m. I was supposed to be at this meeting at 8:30 a.m., but managed to arrive fashionably late. My boss was waiting for me as I arrived. At least he had a sense of humor about the whole thing, being as the meeting is off-site.

The schedule for the meeting said breakfast was to be served, so I just took a cup of coffee with me for the drive. When I got here, guess what?

NO BREAKFAST.

There may be some things I can tolerate, but being promised FOOD with no delivery is not one of those. I threatened those on either side of me with cannibalism thirty minutes before break time. Even though it was just a warning, they moved their chairs a little further away just the same.

I think it was a wise move.

No comments: