Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm Vacating!

Next week is full.

It starts with tomorrow. Tomorrow we celebrate Christmas with Eldest Son and his wife, Eldest daughter and her brood at Eldest Son's home. The same home that was attacked by a vicious squirrel yesterday.

Seems as though the squirrel had gotten in through the garage when ES was taking out the trash. He wreaked havoc with anything on shelves in the room he was confined to, leaving scratches on the furniture, walls, etc. Thankfully (or not, depending on how you think), Alex the Psycho Cat was upstairs and in no danger. The Critter Catcher was called. He made an emergency visit, dispatched of the squirrel, and all is back to semi-normal.

Now, where was I?

Ah, yes.

Friday will see me at the lung doctor, then to my Most Excellent Hairdresser. The weekend should be fairly tame, then Monday is Furniture Shopping and dinner with Cindabel. Adult beverages will be consumed. Tuesday Sis and I have breakfast scheduled before we head off to do more financial/legal stuff, and I'm playing the rest of the week by ear. So far.

In there somewhere will be Appliance Shopping, possibly a cardiac chemical stress test, some disbursing of items at Mom's house, maybe some wallpapering, cleaning, carpet cleaning, and saving the world as we know it from untold darkness and evil.

Don't thank me. It's my job.

So today I will work a full day, when other companies see fit to give their employees half a day off, (snarf) and then I will be on vacation. Eleven blessed days.

I can't wait to see what else I can squeeze in.

No comments: