Sunday, October 12, 2008

In The Sweet By And By We Shall Meet On That Beautiful Shore

That song has been running through my head for the past few days.

It's the song I will sing at my dear, sweet Aunt Joyce's funeral.

She went home to be with the Lord today at about 4:45 p.m. She died peacefully, in her own bed, surrounded by the people she loved most in this world.

The last time I saw her we knew she wouldn't last the year. She had planned out her funeral and taken that burden off of her family. Before I left her that last time I asked her to be the first one to meet me when I arrived in Heaven, and she agreed. She was 67 years old.

I loved her and will always love her as the big sister I never had. She showed me what God was. She lived her entire life as a prayer to Him. There is no greater praise that can be given to any human being.

She never stopped marveling at the wonders of His creation, even though she lived among them every day. The beauty of the mountains she lived in, the changing seasons, eagles on the wing; all were noticed and appreciated as gifts from the Father. And she passed on that appreciation to me and to my children through me.

I can't help but know she gave these gifts to everyone she met. What a wonderful legacy to leave!

While visiting her the last time I was able to show her how she influenced me to notice and thank God for His gifts. She had lost the ability to cry with her disease, but told me she would if she could after viewing the video below. You see, she was my companion as I took the photos. She was the reason behind them.
And to honor her, I'd like to leave you with this.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Chris. She sounds like an inspiration to all of us to never take our eyes off our our one and only Creator. Thanks for sharing your heart, and her's.

-Julie Smoldt