Today as I was preparing to leave for work at my part-time job, the children were whining because they were hungry. They wanted McDonald's. They wanted Sonic. They wanted anywhere but home.
I told them we had perfectly good leftovers in the fridge and to feel free to help themselves. Because I am A Mom That Listens To Her Children's Needs, and I figured they needed to stay home and eat for a change.
The Girl found some wonderful soup to eat. I had some tuna salad. The Boy, however, decided to go downstairs to see what was in the freezer.
He came back upstairs as I was walking toward the door to leave and announced that "the meat was all melted" and leaking all over the floor of the freezer.
Needless to say, I jumped for joy, raised my hands in the air and shouted "PRAISE THE LORD!" right then and there.
Not. I wish I had.
Instead, I went downstairs and found that yea, verily, about $200 worth of meat and various and sundry other items were now warm/melted/unusable. Someone left dirty clothes in front of the vent on the front of the freezer, leaving it no way to get air and cool itself, so my guess is that it burnt up.
And it's about two years old.
So for those of you who are counting, that's one microwave, one freezer, $2000 for one Suburban, various medical bills, taxes, a mother who can't seem to stay out of the hospital and is currently in ICU, and your basic partridge in your basic pear tree.
I'm thinking a refill on the Xanax is due.
But guess what? GOD IS STILL THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. HE IS STILL OVER ALL OF THIS. HE STILL KNOWS ABOUT EVERYTHING, AND HE CARES. AND HE WILL BEAR US UP IN HIS HANDS LEST WE DASH OUR FEET AGAINST A STONE.
Or a freezer. Or a microwave. Or....whatever.
Blessed be the name of the Lord. Praise His name!