Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Coffee's The Thing. Oh, And Mom's Important, Too.

It looks to be a long day tomorrow, beginning at 7 a.m., so I'm searching for things to occupy my time.

I have several magazines, a couple of books on my MP3 player, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies to snack on (courtesy of Hubster, the Baking Machine), a sister to talk to, thoughts to think and probably a television to watch.

What there will not be is GOOD coffee, free bottled water, comfortable seating, a place to nap, pillows or blankets. There will be no breakfast or free lunch, nor will there be hot towels passed before dining on the nonexistent meals. This is strictly a no-frills type of place.

So if you happen to be in the vicinity of the hospital where we'll be while Mom has surgery tomorrow, feel free to bring Starbucks by. Sis likes the venti vanilla latte, and I'd take a venti iced nonfat mocha w/whipped. If you happen by, that is. And get one for yourself while you're at it.

You can charge it to my account.

No comments: