Saturday, August 30, 2008

I No Longer Look Like An Auburn Skunk, And I Smell Pretty Good, Too

Today was a day to rest.

I actually took a nap for the first time in I don't know when. I didn't worry about when to be where and what had to be done when and who was expecting what or anything else. I got up late, took The Girl and Cutie out to brunch, came home and put Cutie down for a nap, cleaned a bit (just), did a load or two of laundry, watched a movie for the 132nd time with Cutie when she got up, and sent her off with Son.

Hubster took The Girl halfway to the lake to meet up with a friend of hers. She'll be spending the rest of the holiday weekend there. The Boy will be with a friend of his. Mom gets out of the hospital tomorrow, but that's tomorrow. I'll worry about it then.

For today, I rested.

Oh, and I dyed my hair. Something that has been sorely needed these past TWO MONTHS. My Most Excellent Hairdresser would point out the "sparklies" every time I got it cut. I would just notice the white streak down my part. And the fact that my Medium Ash Brown had faded to Auburn With A White Streak. Not at all becoming. And since I part my hair on the left side, I somewhat resembled a lopsided, strangely-colored skunk.

With glasses.

And given the fact that I did not shower today until I dyed my hair at 10:45 p.m. (YES, I SAID TEN FORTY-FIVE, BECAUSE I HAD A *NAP* TODAY, PEOPLE!), I smell pretty good, too.

You may admire me at will.

No comments: